Skip to main content
CCSNH Information Technology Acceptable Use Policy (Student Handbook, pg. 51)
For Current Students, Faculty & Staff
- The Learning Commons offers 50 computers and black+white and color printers.
- For a list of current software, contact the Library.
- The Library also has laptops that can be checked out for in-Library use only.
For Alumni & Community Members
- Community members may use the computers with a guest login (ask at Library Services Desk).
- Access does not include printing privileges.
- Students get priority if demand for computers is high.
Printing from Library Computers
For Current Students Only
- Students receive $50.00 of free printing from Library computers each term (Fall, Spring, Summer). They can pay for additional prints.
- Only Library staff (M-F) can add prints to student printing accounts using the print management system.
- Students should 1.) start at the Library, ask Library staff to add prints, then 2.) take a "receipt" to the MCC Bursar's Office and pay there. The amount owed for printing will appear on students' regular MCC accounts.
- Students can also pay online through SIS, however, this will not add prints to student printing accounts. Only Library staff can add prints (M-F).
Note: There is no wireless printing.
Copying + Copyright
Copying & Scanning
For ALL Library Users
- A coin-operated photo copier is available for use by ALL library users and is located near the entrance of the Learning Commons.
- The copier also serves as a scanner to .pdf and image files. Scanning is free.
- Scans cannot be emailed. Instead, users must provide a USB drive on which to save the scanned document.
WARNING ABOUT COPYRIGHT
The copyright law of the U.S. (Title 17, U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material.
Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries are authorized to furnish photocopies or other reproductions. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgement, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
Copyright © Manchester Community College | 1066 Front Street, Manchester, NH
Phone: (603) 206-8150