Skip to Main Content
Therapy dog visitors come to the library at least once a month. Stop in to the library and de-stress by spending time with a furry friend. In addition to just being adorable, spending time with a therapy dog may help:
- lower blood pressure
- reduce anxiety
- relieve stress
More information on the benefits of therapy dogs:
- Anderson, M. J., et al. “Paws for a Cause: Stress Relief Using Therapy Dogs.” Journal of Animal Science, vol. 95, Aug. 2017, pp. 115–116. EBSCOhost, doi:10.2527/asasann.2017.234.
- Young, Judith S. “Pet Therapy: Dogs De-Stress Students.” Journal of Christian Nursing, vol. 29, no. 4, Oct. 2012, pp. 217–221. EBSCOhost, doi:10.1097/CNJ.0b013e31826701a7.
Therapy Dog Visits
- Nellie- Monday June 5th 11am-12pm
- Rush- Wednesday June 7th 11am-12pm
- Dinky- Wednesday June 7th 2-3pm
Copyright © Manchester Community College | 1066 Front Street, Manchester, NH
Phone: (603) 206-8150